Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 21, 2013

The cry of the grave

Hadrat Abu Huraira (RA) is reported to have said that once he, in the company of the Holy Prophet (SAW), joined a funeral. When the Holy Prophet (SAW) reached the graveyard, he went to a grave and told that there was not a single day that the grave did not make the clear announcement. "Oh, the offspring of Adam! you have forgotten me, I am the place of solitude and I am the abode of loneliness, I am a lodging of much straitened provided the Almighty expands me in the case of a person whom He holds in esteem. After that the Holy Prophet (SAW) said: The grave is either one of the gardens of Paradise or one of the pits of hell. Source: The Spectacle of Death by K.M. Islam and Mishkat.

Be Inspired by Reading Islamic Stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Your Language

Subscribe via email