Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Darkness vs. Light

Once I had to go to a city for a few days. My plane landed there during the late night hours. A brother gave me a ride to the place where I was going to stay. This was the first time I visited this town and was curious to see what it looked like. However, it was dark at night and I wasn't able to see many things.

The next day, I went out with the brother and he happened to take the same road as the previous night. But since it was day time, I was able to see the river, hills, and many other landscapes that was not properly visible the previous night.

It came to my mind that this is similar to what we go through in our lives. Allah Ta'ala as told us through the Quran and Prophet Muhammad (saw) about the many unseen things that are awaiting us in the hereafter. While we are in this world, it's just like we are in darkness. We are not able to see all these things. But as soon as we die and close our eyes, everything will open up to us like the day time and we will see whatever was hidden.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Your Language

Subscribe via email