Total Pageviews

Friday, November 2, 2012

Forgiveness


Forgiveness

A man sinned greatly against himself, and when death came to him he charged his sons, saying: When I have died, burn me, then crush me and scatter [my ashes] into the sea, for, by Allah, if my Lord takes possession of me, He will punish me in a manner in which He has punished no one [else]. So they did that to him. Then He said to the earth: Produce what you have taken-and there he was! And He said to him: What induced you to do what you did? He said: Being afraid of You, O my Lord (or he said: Being frightened of You) and because of that He forgave him.
Hadith Qudsi 32

The Reward of the Invalid
Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said that death came to a man in the time of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. A man said, “He was fortunate,” as he had died without being tried by illness. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, “Alas for you, what will let you know that if Allah had tried him with illness, He would have wiped out his wrong actions.”
Al-Muwatta – Hadith 50.3.8

Narrated ‘Aisha: (the wife of the Prophet) Allah’s Apostle (peace be upon him) said, “No calamity befalls a Muslim but that Allah expiates some of his sins because of it, even though it were the prick he receives from a thorn.”
Sahih Al-Bukhari – Book 70 Hadith 544


_______________________________________
Click here to view the Index of Hadiths
_______________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Your Language

Subscribe via email